Friday, January 16, 2009

Ocean Poetry



Cover of Mermaid Tales by Ocean, a Book of Sea Poetry
(Artwork by Ocean)

I have several books of poetry:

       Ocean Poetry

The above is a collection of sea poems, some heavy, and some light in theme - many, spiritual, and many, basic, sensual, and descriptive.


From Ocean's Grief Poems
(And Visit Ocean's Grief Site For Those Who Have Suffered Losses - And If Your Loved One Was Your Pet, Visit OurSunny.com)


And here is a new poem, in a different tone:

IT SNOWED TODAY
  - OCEAN

IT SNOWED TODAY
MORNING-TIME
FROSTED WHITE FUZZY GLAZE
OVER FACE OF SUN
SHINING IN STREAMS
LIKE NEW TESTAMENT PAINTINGS
OF GOD’S LIGHT, ILLUMINATING
HARD BORDERS ON CUMULUS FRAMES
IT TOOK MY HURT TO ANOTHER PLANE
AND I REMAIN
HERE AMONG QUIET GHOSTS.
I WISH THAT THEY’D DISTURB ME.
MY DOGS, SLEEPING NEARBY 
SNORE -
THEY KEEP ME- SAVE ME
FROM THE HARSH THINGS,
THE TRUTHS THAT I AVOID
THAT I AM IN
DESPITE MY CHAGRIN
THAT I AM LOST - HERE
WITHOUT 
YET I MADE THE DECISION
TO STAY 
TO MISS THE  WARMTH
TO FEEL THE GLOOM
TO HAVE THE ROOM
TO MOURN


I have been in mourning for a few years now, for someone very close to me.
I am not always sunshiny, and sometimes my poetry is the best way to vent feelings of loss.
I had gone to a place, in a Northern clime, where once I had lived, and was reminded what Winter really is.
I feel for all you who are experiencing the extreme cold - whether of the weather alone or from the loss of a loved one.


Here's another sad poem:

GONE- POEM BY OCEAN

ALL CHANGED
FOREVER, NOW
MEASURED NOT
BY LENGTH 
AND TIME
BUT BY WHEN YOU
WERE HERE
AND WHEN YOU
WERE NOT.
GONE, NOW,
BUT NOT
FORGOT



And Please Support The Victims of Domestic Abuse Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment